81 ford granada marquis (speed control)
As the Mercury Grand Marquis donor car came with speed control I thought why not fit it to the Granada Marquis.
Speed control servo/amplifier
I modified the original speed control servo/amplifier bracket to fit just behind the brake fluid reservior on the master cylinder mounting bolts.
Speed control switch
As my lowly Granada didn’t have the power window option, to switch the speed control I repurposed a power window switch and fitted it in the OEM position in the centre console. To see how I wired the speed control click on the wiring link below.
more information about the ford granada marquis
Please follow the links below to find out how the 1981 Ford Granada Marquis was created. (Click on pictures to see at full size)
- The concept (Find out why Granada Marquis here)
- Build preparation
- Fitting the engine
- Transmission & driveline
- Brakes, steering & suspension
- Speed control
- Engine cooling & air conditioning
- Speedometer, tachometer & immobiliser
- Wiring & wiring diagrams
- Gallery of finished vehicle
- Back to Derecks MOT Centre homepage
- Back to the Ford Granada Marquis home page